Webinar #6 of 11 in the Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Clinical Training Series
Integrative Approach to Hypothyroidism
At the conclusion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish the clinical diagnosis of hypothyroidism and its various presentations
- Properly interpret laboratory data for thyroid testing
- Define the role of iodine in thyroid function and other aspects of human health
- Appropriately prescribe thyroid hormone replacement including desiccated porcine thyroid and synthetic T4 or T3 preparations
- Use urinary bone metabolites to rule-out thyroid overdose
Original Air Date: August 23, 2014
Approved for 2.00 Pharmacy Credit Hours by the Oregon Board of Naturopathic Medicine
Ty Vincent, MD
Dr. Vincent is an Integrative Medical Physician licensed in Alaska and Hawaii. He completed his medical education and training at the University of Washington. Initially trained in family medicine providing the full-spectrum of medical care from clinic visits to managing patients from a conventional perspective, Dr. Vincent sought education in other forms of healing to promote optimal health.
He maintains a large group practice in Alaska: Mat-Su Integrative Medicine, as well as an integrative practice in Kona, Hawaii.
He authored the book entitled Thinking Outside the Pill Box to share his perspective on integrative Medicine.