Nutritional Considerations: Cirrhosis / Fibrosis / and Hepatic Encephalopathy
Considerations for the altered biochemistry in cirrhosis as well as nutritional and botanical therapies for NASH.
- Access to webinar recording, copies of slides, and handouts
- Certificate of Completion totaling 1.75 General Credit Hours by the Oregon Board of Naturopathic Medicine
- Certificate of Completion totaling 1.75 Category 1 CE hours by the California Acupuncture Board
- CE certificate available upon successful completion of a 10 question multiple choice quiz
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish nutritional deficiencies commonly found in cirrhosis.
- Utilize specific nutritional supplementation protocols in cirrhosis.
- Recall the signs, and often devastating, symptoms of hepatic encephalopathy that are found in many hepatitis C patients with progressed disease.
- Summarize the evidence for the use of nutritional supplements in those diagnosed with, or at risk for, progression to hepatic encephalopathy and cirrhosis.
1.75 General Credit Hours by the Oregon Board of Naturopathic Medicine
1.75 Category 1 CE Hours by the California Acupuncture Board
Lyn Patrick, ND
Lyn Patrick, ND graduated from Bastyr University in 1984 and has been in private practice for 27 years. She has been a faculty member of the American College for Advancement in Medicine (www.acam.org) continuing medical education conferences, lecturing in the area of metal toxicology and environmental medicine and has served on the Board of Directors at ACAM. She has lectured for the Institute of Functional Medicine and many physician membership organizations nationally and internationally on the subject of environmental medicine.
Dr. Patrick is a published author of numerous articles in peer-reviewed medical journals and has been a longtime Contributing Editor for Alternative Medicine Review, a Medline-indexed journal of complementary/alternative medical research (www.altmedrev.com).
Download file will be automatically emailed after purchase with link to
recording, handouts, and CE Certificate
**PME member or guest account required for access to recording and to print CE certificate**
**Sign up for a FREE PME profile here**