Webinar #9 of 11 in the Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Clinical Training Series
Diabetes and Insulin Therapy: An Integrative Approach
At the conclusion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate type 1 and type 2 diabetes and appropriately test patients regarding insulin sensitivity versus production problems
- Properly counsel diabetic patients regarding diet and exercise
- Prescribe nutritional and natural supplements for type 2 diabetes and type 1 diabetes
- Recognize the differences between bio-identical and genetically-engineered forms of insulin, specifically as it relates to cancer risk
- Prescribe the correct type of insulin therapy for those patients who need it
Original Air Date: October 4, 2014
Approved for 2.00 Pharmacy Credit Hours by the Oregon Board of Naturopathic Medicine
Ty Vincent, MD
Dr. Vincent is an Integrative Medical Physician licensed in Alaska and Hawaii. He completed his medical education and training at the University of Washington. Initially trained in family medicine providing the full-spectrum of medical care from clinic visits to managing patients from a conventional perspective, Dr. Vincent sought education in other forms of healing to promote optimal health.
He maintains a large group practice in Alaska: Mat-Su Integrative Medicine, as well as an integrative practice in Kona, Hawaii.
He authored the book entitled Thinking Outside the Pill Box to share his perspective on integrative Medicine.